Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Child like forgiveness (you thought I was going to say faith)

My girls, You teach me so much all the time.  I am not a perfect mother by any stretch of the imagination.  No one knows this better then the two of you.  There are times I am impatient and need to slow my pace down.  There are times my correction is to harsh or not done with the right tone of love.  There are times I am having a bad day and that plays on my mood and how I interact with you.  Well I had one of those days the other day.  I came to the both of you and said mommy was grumpy and I am sorry. I love you both more then words can say and I should know better.  You girls both got HUGE smiles on your face and said it is ok mommy we love you!  Then you both wrapped your arms around me and gave me the biggest hug.   Then you wanted me to read a book and the subject was closed.

You both in that moment were an awesome representation of Christ to me.  You forgave me instantly there was no lingering on it there were no stings attached.  You were thrilled with my apology and were eager to forgive and move on in love.  I pray you girls never outgrow that forgiving spirit.  Always forgive the way Christ forgives you.  Thank you for your unconditional love for me!  I pray I can follow your example and love and forgive as freely and instantly as you both do.


No comments:

Post a Comment